Gallery on the west side
Surrounding the Somanathapura Keshava Temple on the south, west, and north sides are the galleries built with enclosures, which were mini shrines in the past. There are 64 enclosures in total, and all of them are now empty because the invading armies of Malik Kafur – a general under Allaudin Khilji, the ruler of the Delhi Sultanate – destroyed the sculptures in the mini shrines and looted the treasures underneath them.
The image shows the corridor of the west side gallery. The mini shine enclosures are on the left
– Somanathapura Keshava Temple – A Masterpiece of Hoysala Temple Art
– Belur Chennakeshava Temple – Bracket Figures
– Belur Chennakeshava Temple – Navaranga
– Belur Chennakeshava Temple – Garbhagriha Exterior
– Kappe Chennigaraya Temple
– Badami Cave – 1, Badami Cave – 2, Badami Cave – 3, Badami Cave – 4
Copyright © 2019 – 2020 by Lawrence Rodrigues. All rights reserved.