As you can see from the image, there are two concentric circular frames, and enclosing them is a square frame. Within the inner circular frame, there is a beautifully carved relief of Yama, the god of justice and death, seated on a male buffalo. Separating the circular frames are the carvings of lotus flowers and buds.
Between the outer and inner circular frames, there are four smaller circular frames, each with a relief carved inside.
– Badami, Cave – 1, Cave – 2, Cave – 3, Cave – 4
– Durga Temple at Aihole
– Somanathapura Keshava Temple – A Masterpiece of Hoysala Temple Art
– Belur Chennakeshava Temple – Bracket Figures
– Belur Chennakeshava Temple – Navaranga
– Belur Chennakeshava Temple – Garbhagriha Outer Wall
– Belur Chennakeshava Temple – Kappe Chennigaraya Shrine
– Hampi Virupaksha Temple Murals
Copyright © 2019 – 2021 by Lawrence Rodrigues. All rights reserved.