Reconstructed wooden throne
The wooden throne shown in the image is reconstructed by using the remnants and artifacts obtained during the excavation at the archeological site of Knossos located in the Island of Crete, Greece. It is on display at the King’s Megaron situated in the Palace at Knossos. The throne belonged to the Minoans, a mysterious civilization that flourished in Crete more than 4000 years ago.
Palace at Knossos Images
– Horns of Consecration – Sacred horns of the bull
– Ruins of a multi-storied structure
– Ruins of Palace at Knossos
– Reconstructed hall with columns and frescoes
– Bastion of the Bull
– King’s Megaron and Stoa
– Queen’s Megaron
– Jars at “The Magazines of the Great Pithoi”
– Pithoi Jars
Copyright © 2017 – 2020 by Lawrence Rodrigues. All rights reserved.